Set user permissions
Seller Central uses an invitation model to manage user accounts. First, users are invited to create an account on Seller Central. Next, the account manager (also called the account administrator) configures the permissions for that user.
By inviting users into the system and then configuring their permissions, you are assured that the appropriate user accounts are linked to the right owners, and that the correct permissions apply to the intended users. The invitation model also helps you to fully manage user accounts without assistance from Amazon Seller Support.
To set up users, first the account manager must respond to the invitation email from Amazon.com. This email contains a link to the Seller Central account. After setting up the initial account, the account manager then compiles a list of people who can access the system and determines the respective rights for those users.
Follow these steps to establish accounts for additional users:
- The account manager invites all other users to the system using an email invitation.
- After establishing an account email address and password, the user navigates to a web page containing a confirmation code.
- The user shows the confirmation code to the account manager, and the account manager then approves the user and grants rights to the user.
- After clicking the link in the invitation email, the user sees a login page in the browser window.
- If the user has an existing Amazon.com account and password, they can log in from this page. Most users, however, must create a new account.
- On the Welcome Invited User page, click No, I am a new customer.
- On the account creation page, enter the preferred login information in all fields.
- When the form is complete, click Submit to create the account.
- The account administrator assigns the appropriate rights to that user.
Edit a user account
- Under Settings, select User Permissions.
- Click Edit next to the account you want to change.
- Click the button next to each tool you want to allow the user to access.
- Click Continue to finish.
When you first set up your Seller Central account on Amazon, only the original invited user can access the account tools and features. However, you might want to provide access to others who are involved in the management of your business. For example, you might want a co-owner or employee to manage inventory or handle shipping confirmations. To add users or to adjust user permissions, use the User Permissions feature.